READ

tapas r Pastry Cutter E A Bead Letter D

THINK

T ( H ) i n coloured card disc letter k

GROW

G R O W

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Adding my avatar

I am really glad I printed out the directions for how to do these 23 Things. I am having fun, but the network at school today was up and down (and VERY slow), so I gave up and waited until I got home. I have so many tabs open right now, that it is easier to follow along on my printed sheet than to keep track of which tab I can find stuff on.

It was fun to see all of the options available for the avatar. I also went with pretty much real-life me. I did wonder if there are other such sites to choose an avatar that maybe are more geared to professional uses. Not that I don't like all of the fun versions. But since this will be a reflection of my professional work, I decided to not go too casual. Adding the avatar to my blog was very easy, following the directions. It wasn't real intuitive on the screen, but maybe that will come with more experience out here in bloggerland.

I have read through several other blogs from Metronet. They give me confidence that I can do this, too. I have many of the same feelings (Who will be reading this? Should I admit I didn't know how to do this or that?). I appreciate everyone's honesty and openness. I will try to reciprocate.

I was a little ahead of myself, too. I registered my blog before I did anything else. I need to go back now and see how I edit that. Mostly my default email. Because of the network instability at school, I think I will go with my home account.

No comments: