READ

tapas r Pastry Cutter E A Bead Letter D

THINK

T ( H ) i n coloured card disc letter k

GROW

G R O W

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thing 3 RSS feeds

I have to admit that I hit a wall here with Thing 3. I have spent several hours over the last few days following the links to read just what RSS feeds are, do, and why I would care. I understand now, and do care because it can save me time and help me keep up to date with news that I personally find interesting. So far, so good. But I really struggled with how to subscribe, and then how to get back to my list of feeds to read the new posts. I have signed on to 4 now. One was totally by accident. Another hasn't had a new post since Nov. Guess I can delete that one. In a way, it was fun to struggle, knowing that it could be done, others are doing it, and I consider myself fairly intelligent, and not at all afraid of technology (like I used to be). It is a great way to learn--making mistakes and figuring out why. Do we give our students enough chances to struggle like that? I will try to not be so "helpful" the next time I see a student headed for a struggle. Just hang around close by to encourage when need be.



Just to finish this Thing 3. It has been 2 weeks now and I am reading the blogs that I have found useful and interesting. It is great to read various opinions on up-to-the-minute topics, and to find out about pertinent websites and periodical articles. In many cases the links are even provided. Makes it 'virtually' dummy-proof!



On to Thing 4!

No comments: