READ

tapas r Pastry Cutter E A Bead Letter D

THINK

T ( H ) i n coloured card disc letter k

GROW

G R O W

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Thing 4 Flickr

Yes, I would agree with the person who said that these things are taking longer than the ~15 minutes daily. But mostly because it is all so new, and takes time to ponder how these new web 2.0 tools might fit into our work with students/library patrons.

I have really struggled with how to make use of the cool capabilities of Flickr with my students. I've gone in and set up an account. I uploaded a photo, just one, to Flickr and from there to my blog. Most of my work has been with elementary students, and so I am still wondering how I might use these in an elementary library media center setting. We do need to be mindful of student privacy. For the time being, I think the internal district intranet, and building closed circuit systems looping PowerPoint slideshows is a more appropriate venue for the youngest of our users. At what point will this become so common place that we don't even think about it for intermediate students and older? I have heard the echo of "radical trust" from the first few articles in Thing 1. I forget now who wrote that statement. But it is certainly an issue that needs to be discussed with all users/stakeholders.

No comments: